Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lead Painters League Round 10: Privteer and Crew

Well the final round of the LPL has just wrapped up and I can present my final offering to you.  Round 10 was brutal for me...Ideally I would have completed two teams of 5 figures and a piece of scenery to maximize the number of bonus points I would receive.  In the Real World....sigh...I was laid low by a severe sinus infection and dogged by constant field work at the work place.  These factors added up to very little time for painting...so I was happy to even finish 5 figures to an acceptable standard.  I'm pretty happy with how they came out...sadly they went up against Abu Iskander's amazing entry which included all the possible bells and whistles.  My hat is off to Abu....his set up was top notch both in the painting and the photo composition.

Here are the figures I entered:

So that brings LPL6 to a close.  Its was fun....it was hard...it was instructive...and it was humbling. To be honest I'm not really sorry that its over....the pace was really hard to maintain this year.  Too many other things were demanding of my attention...but I'm looking forward to participating again next year...and I have a game plan for how to take some of the stress out of the competition.

In my next post I will have a more thorough discussion of my thoughts about the contest as a whole and about how I did on achieving the goals for the competition that I laid out before it started.

Cheers for now!

Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment