Friday, April 5, 2013

Bitz Box Bonanza!

Howdy all...

A brief respite from the Bretonnian bombardment....

During a recent troll through the depths of eBay I came across one of the Marauder MM32/34 Goblin Wolf Riders that I am still missing.  This set is one of my long term projects and finding the last few has proven to be a challenge....though a fun one :) so I was pretty happy to find this guy from a seller in Germany...

  Sure he doesn't look that great now...but he should clean up nicely and will look great when he joins his brethren.

...but thats not the point of this post...as I often do when I find an overseas deal that I can't pass up...I looked at the sellers other listing to see if I can combine shipping and pick up a couple of things at once.  One of his listing was for a pile of bits from classic Marauder and Citadel figures.  I threw in a low ball bid and waited...and scored a win!  I was pleasently surpirsed and it cost me less than $4 US...plus a share of the shipping of course.

A heavy envelop arrived today from Germany so I quickly popped it open and was quite excited as I shifted thru the pile.  Here were a bunch of pieces of classic figures that I would never have the ....uuummm... "intestinal fortitude" to butcher myself....and now I won't have too!

Fair warning....if the sight of mutilated Classic figures is disturbing to you then go no further!

Here is the pile as I dumped out onto my work surface....

Ummmm...heaping pile of lead.....yyyuuummmm
...Go ahead...take a moment and see what you can pick out....I'll wait a minute....

(whistle...whistle....)

You Good?  Ready to see what we got here? ....ok here goes....

First your obligatory pile of random limbs and feet...

Mostly Plague Bearer parts...
 Then there are a few random warrior types

I'm pretty sure Orylgg just showed that guy on the left on his blog...
 Here we have a Chaos warrior missing an arm...part of a Battle Lord on the right...and a mystery figure in the middle...anyone know who he is?

Here are the Plague Bearers that used to belong to some of those feet...

Having never seen these figures in the flesh I've never had much interest in them...but now that I see some first hand...they do have a lot of character!

There are also a few dismembered Orcs...real classics here...


 ...including a villager...a standard... and a mage...

Next there are a few chopped up beastmen...
...this includes some of the Marauder Beastmen...I'm working up a unit of them so this might be useful for adding some variety to the rank and file.  There is also a couple of classic Iron Claw beastmen.

And here is the part I'm most excited about....the upper torsos of no less than 7 Marauder MM90 Chaos Dwarfs...(plus one CW torso...)

I see some Badass Bull Centaurs in my future!
These will be great for conversions...These are figures I would never cut up on my own but having it done for me minimizes the guilt and opens up a lot of possiblilities for mixing with the other MM90s and even Clam's Ewal Dvergar....oh yeah...this is going to be fun!

...now to find the time....sigh

...back to the batch painting!

Cheers,

Blue

5 comments:

  1. That's a bloody good haul for $4, Mr Blue! I somehow suspect the real deals will now be found in mangled figures like this that one can lovingly rebuild - the rest of the prices for OOP figures is just out of control! Also - I'm with you on the mangling - I'd much rather some other chap who had no idea what he was mangling was doing it. I'm reduced to shivers just thinking about it myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blood for the Blood God! No, that's 'bitz for the Bitz Box!' An interesting, if somewhat disturbing haul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul.I wouldn't be able to willfully damage a chaos dwarf figure though i love converting with added Greenstuff. The figure in the center of the picture is an Eternal champion Urlik Skarsol http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/File:BC5-05.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a lot like that the other day ... it had one mini amongst it that was worth what I paid for the whole lot .... the rest was just free stuff after that. :D

    Those chaos dwarves have got Dwarf centaurs written all over their mutilated bodies. :D

    ReplyDelete