Saturday, June 4, 2016

Chaos Renegade #7...Moon Moon Moon...Shining Bright...

All right!  I'm finally back with another Renegade to share.

You may recall that I mentioned that Renegade #6 was one I had to paint to take my mind off of this guy ...which took forever to finish...in fact, I have to admit that this one nearly drove me Bat Shit Crazy. I tried multiple different blues for the armor plates and at least three different colors for the edging before settling on this combo and just pushing it out...it was a long slog.  I'm still not 100% satisfied but I'm just glad that its done so I can move onto other things.

The figure in question is one of the most unique Renegade sculpts in a range known for its weirdness.
And here he is...

...Yes its a Moon-face Renegade with a Fungus body and a big ass Power Glove...you don't get much more Renegade-y than that.

When I started the long journey toward deciding on a color scheme I flailed around aimlessly for inspiration in my normal fashion...basically I searched randomly on the internet.  Eventually I managed to land on this picture of a crescent moon rising above a sunset...


Using this broad spectrum of colors as a beginning pallet I started trying to apply these colors to various portions of the model...and...well...here is where I landed...eventually...:)

Here he is with the rest of the squad...Individual pics below.




 Wow...this miniature is the only renegade that I actually liked less when I was finally finished with it... But at least its done!

Lets hope the next one goes a little easier...

Cheers,

Blue

10 comments:

  1. The colour transition on his fungoid body really looks great Blue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The newly painted figure looks great and fits in with the squad really well. Great painting on the whole squad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb colour choice - the new addition seems to balance the squad as a whole. Look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour scheme for these is just bat-shit crazy, and exactly how chaos should be! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may not have turned out how you intended it to, but it turned out nicely all the same:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top job, one of my favourite Renegades :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dig it. Great painting as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this one's great too! Quite a difficult mini, I think, but you made more than justicce!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He looks great Blue. This series of figures has really got me thinking about color theory and how to improve my understanding of it.

    ReplyDelete